- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Prudhomme Vision: Contact Lens Exams
Are you searching for a Manchester eye doctor to get evaluated for contacts? Overwhelmed with the many types of contact lenses to choose from? Getting contact lenses for the first time might seem overwhelming. Our optometrists want to make this process easier for you by meeting your individual needs. The two main types of contacts are corrective and cosmetic lens. Read on to learn more about your options.
Find Contacts That Fit Your Lifestyle at Your Manchester Optometrist
After a thorough eye examination, one of our optometrists will work with you to determine which type of contacts fit your unique lifestyle. Corrective contact lenses are a great option for millions of people requiring vision correction. People of all ages can enjoy relief from visual problems such as astigmatism, presbyopia, myopia, and many other eye conditions.
Here are some of the most common corrective lens contact options available:
- Daily wear soft. Little time is needed to adjust to these soft, disposable lenses. These lenses provide the ultimate in comfort and conveniences - simply put them in, go about your day, and throw them away at night.
- Planned replacement. A great alternative to daily wear soft contacts are those you can continue wearing for weeks or even months without replacing. Regular cleaning and proper storage keep these lenses in good shape to correct a variety of vision problems.
- Extended wear. Looking for corrective lens that you can wear for longer than a day? Extended wear contacts allow you to safely wear them for up to six days without removing them.
- Rigid-gas permeable (RGP). These lenses are hard, plastic, and less comfortable. With regular care and cleaning, you can wear them for as long as your prescription remains the same. Plus, they provide the best vision correction possible.
- Bifocal/multifocal. Individuals over the age of 40 may think glasses were the only vision correction option available to them. Fortunately, contact lens are available that correct multiple fields of vision.
In addition to contact lenses that correct vision, our Manchester optometrist can also supply you with cosmetic lens to alter the appearance of your eyes. Lenses are available to improve various eye irregularities or conceal color abnormalities. Our Optometrists can set you up with lenses that match your natural eye colors or provide you with more eccentric lens in the colors of your choice.
Contacts are a terrific alternative to glasses for many people. They are especially great for people who lead an active lifestyle, such as athletes, as they can account for visual and field corrections without needing constant adjustments.
Visit Prudhomme Vision for Contact Lenses
The type of contact lens that will work best for you will depend on a variety of factors including your general eye health, medical and family history, what type of vision correction is needed, and your lifestyle. Come out to Prudhomme vision for a personalized assessment of your needs and prepare to see the world in a whole new light.